• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High blood pressure and Brazilian snake venom

FFS. anyone seriously interested in Keto - please look elsewhere and get some solid info. This ain't the place for it. Maybe try ruled.me to start. (I have no affiliations and I think it's all free info anyway...)

I have to jump in here... Get your BP under control quick...
Get to your primary doc.. Chronic Hypertension can lead to stroke, Pulmonary Hypertension, aneurysms, and kidney failure..

We dont care about the Top number.. Thats Systole the heart contracting. the lower number is Diastole.. The pressure after the heart beat. That is the resting phase. That is the number we treat and yours is seriously high. Add any exertion or stress, and guess what that number-can climb to.. You can blow a fuse...

Lose weight.. I think you already know this...
We get more strokes, and Aneurysms present to the ER second degree to chronic hypertension...

A majority is so preventable with proper treatment...

I have to jump in here... Get your BP under control quick...
Get to your primary doc.. Chronic Hypertension can lead to stroke, Pulmonary Hypertension, aneurysms, and kidney failure..

We dont care about the Top number.. Thats Systole the heart contracting. the lower number is Diastole.. The pressure after the heart beat. That is the resting phase. That is the number we treat and yours is seriously high. Add any exertion or stress, and guess what that number-can climb to.. You can blow a fuse...

Lose weight.. I think you already know this...
We get more strokes, and Aneurysms present to the ER second degree to chronic hypertension...

A majority is so preventable with proper treatment...
I am trying.

Thanks ODT brothers who have offered helpful suggestions. I know that stress is adding as much to my BP problems as much as my weight and lack of exercise. I have been through the doctor suggestions and honestly it seems they are more interested in pushing drugs than anything. I know what I have to do but I just wanted to hear others stories of what has worked for them. I value real life success stories as much (or more) than a doctor just recommending the new drug.
I am sickened by all the new drug commercials on TV commercials where the side effects are mentioned in hushed, hurried tones at the end while people are shown all healthy and happy.
My dad was killed with an overdose of cumadin (rat poison) and I am just very wary of drug side effects.
I have drank 128 oz of water today and ate only healthy food. My goal tomorrow is some light exercise (long walk) and avoiding white bread, sugar and salt.
I don't mean to offend anyone in the medical field...I am just not sure that drugs are always the best solution and I am looking for homeopathic and natural alternatives to add to a diet/exercise program.
Again, thanks for all the concern and kind words.

Thanks ODT brothers who have offered helpful suggestions. I know that stress is adding as much to my BP problems as much as my weight and lack of exercise. I have been through the doctor suggestions and honestly it seems they are more interested in pushing drugs than anything. I know what I have to do but I just wanted to hear others stories of what has worked for them. I value real life success stories as much (or more) than a doctor just recommending the new drug.
I am sickened by all the new drug commercials on TV commercials where the side effects are mentioned in hushed, hurried tones at the end while people are shown all healthy and happy.
My dad was killed with an overdose of cumadin (rat poison) and I am just very wary of drug side effects.
I have drank 128 oz of water today and ate only healthy food. My goal tomorrow is some light exercise (long walk) and avoiding white bread, sugar and salt.
I don't mean to offend anyone in the medical field...I am just not sure that drugs are always the best solution and I am looking for homeopathic and natural alternatives to add to a diet/exercise program.
Again, thanks for all the concern and kind words.

This aint the time to create an encounter group....
If your dad was on that much Coumadin, he unfortunately was in an very bad spot...

Don't become like your dad.... now is not the time to turn your back on traditional medicine, in hopes of a homeopathic treatment that will be superior....

Trust me on this...

Looking for advice here. My blood pressure is way too high. Last night my readings ranged from 206/108 to 161/95. I am 63 yrs old, 6'2" 255 lbs. I'm 40 to 50 lbs overweight and I know it. I was on Lisenopril and another bp medicine until about a year ago. While I was on this medication I was constantly sick...upper respiratory infections and borderline pneumonia all the time.
I stopped the medication and haven't been sick since. But my bp is too high.
I know that if I exercise and go on low carb diet that my bp will go down. It has before. But I am not too good at sticking with that...no excuses but its a fact. I am under LOTS of stress with several issues that I won't go into here...but it's constant stress and has been there for a couple of years now.
What I am wondering is if the ads I see on Facebook about "The Blood Pressure Solution" are worth investigating...or what other natural foods/supplements will help lower my bp.
I'm worried...my dad died at 65 with heart/stroke issues.
Any sincere help appreciated. Snarky, smart-ass commenters can go to hell.
I had some issues and was told to try strictly water and it really helped me. They say 95 percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated which exacerbates bad blood pressure . Force water all day. Carry a gallon jug around .

My doctor took me off Lisinopril for this exact reason. Mine was more of a hack than a cough. Jeddak Jeddak mentioned Losartan. My doctor put me on it, combined with the diuretic HCTZ. No side effects, and it's been over 4 years. Use the app GoodRx to find the best price. My health insurance Rx vendor wanted $200 for 90 day supply. I self-pay now at Walmart and it's $50 for 90 days.
That's exactly what I am on. I just spelled out HCTZ. It is a $9 copay for 90 days with my insurance,.
Vascepa is another story...

A9639ED5-B9A9-4F3D-B00B-2EA48C1DC8FB.jpeg

Some of you will be happy to know I went to the doctor about the BP issue and reluctantly started a new BP medication (Losartan) about 10 days ago. I also made appt for full physical in am based on bloodwork I had done last week. Oh, and I also made first available appt with my cardiologist at the end of this month! Do I get a gold star?
However, in the meantime, could the ODT medical group tell me what the hell this little thingy is on the back of my knee ? My wife just saw it and asked “WTH is that? I have been working outside and the chiggers have been eating me up...but I hadn’t seen this...

Back
Top Bottom