• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High blood pressure and Brazilian snake venom

I guess I lost my post due to shut down, but I have been on Ramipril 5 mg, generic name, for at least 30 years and no problem and have had COPD for 25 years controlled by Advair and or Symbicort. I would suggest checking with your doctor and telling him the problems you had with that bp med and asking if he can't give you something else to try. Ramipril is tried and true. I am 85 and like I said been on it over 30 years. Should be no problem getting a med that works for you without side effects.

Lot of good advice here, but 160 is bad enough, but 200 is dangerous, you need that lowered immediately, get to doc and I would ask for a older med that is time proved to start on!

Looking for advice here. My blood pressure is way too high. Last night my readings ranged from 206/108 to 161/95. I am 63 yrs old, 6'2" 255 lbs. I'm 40 to 50 lbs overweight and I know it. I was on Lisenopril and another bp medicine until about a year ago. While I was on this medication I was constantly sick...upper respiratory infections and borderline pneumonia all the time.

Lisinopril most common known side effects are respiratory irritation, which for most people, shows up as a dry cough.

If you have a negative reaction to Lisinopril, there are a LOT of other BP meds out there. Effective BP meds have been around for decades.

So...why ask here? What does your doc say?

Go to doctor get on something that works,neglecting it isn’t the answer.i had stroke at age 47 neglecting bp meds,you don’t want to go there.

Nothing worse than an ex smoker or successful dieter...you don't know my situation but you say go ahead and die? You first.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/come-on-down-lets-play-whos-a-dude.1977214/
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/you-think-there-are-mostly-chick-forums-that.1892556/

Above don't sound like disciplined skinny guy threads to me...you lose that weight last week?

Yeah ex smoker here too. Go ahead and by your casket. Nothing worse then someone claiming they cant eat right when they are willing to put down the food.

I had used pressure low for years, now I take a little Chinese herb mixture called Seven Flower Extract. I have several friends on this as well. I too cannot take Lisinopril.....this with walking ie...a little exercise will do wonders.
Try it but monitor your BP and see if this will work for you.

If things are in the critical stage, why not try hypnosis for weight loss?

Hard to put down the fork, I have been there before. Took me @ 2 years to lose 50lbs. But I realized, that between now and my death, any food I want will be there- even on my deathbed. I told my boss, that if he ever sees a receipt on my expense report from McDonalds or Burger King or some other slimy malnutritious fast food place, it means I am dying and eating my last meal. The food will ALWAYS be there.

A few things that were not to difficult to do to ease into losing weight:

1- NO more sodas....get rid of them. If you want something with taste, try water with lemon. At one point, I used to mix water and cayenne pepper. As a matter of fact, increase your water intake to at least 4-8 glasses/day.

2- NO meals after 6 pm- period....When the clock hits 6, you stop eating till breakfast.

3- NO meats on any 2 days per week. Easier to say than do. You would not believe how hard it is not to eat meat.

4- Eat more fish.

5- What I attribute my blood pressure going normally low- eating oatmeal for breakfast, at least 4-5 days/week for the past 18 years.

Back
Top Bottom