• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Henry county freezes carry permit appointments - this is legal?

buggz

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
21   0
Reaction score
Stupid me, I went to Henry Count Probate to renew, or get a new permit.
I was given a minuscule slip of paper:

"Effective 7/30/2021, we will temporary freeze appointment scheduling for new gun permits so that we can make room for more. We currently have over 3500 existing appointments scheduled. Our plan is to process all existing applications by the end of November and then open slots for new appointments at that time. If you currently have an appointment, you will be contacted and offered an earlier appointment date. Once we have served all current applicants, we will reopen our calendar with earlier available dates and increased number of slots per day."

The deputy sheriff on duty told me, maybe reopen in Oct.?

Guess I need to see if I can get in the appointment line, online?
What a drag...

I see this must be well known, just not to me.

They weren’t issuing Cobb county at all during Covid. I had moved to Ga 2 weeks before the shut down 1.0.

if the .gov refuses to issue me a permit despite the fact that I made an honest effort to follow the rules, I figured maybe just stick with concealed until they open back up and got licensed.

It says you can renew by mail.

If you need to change your address or name on your current permit or you need a replacement permit, please click here for more information. Replacement permits can now be requested by mail or drop-box.​

Back
Top Bottom