• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help

Sounds like you learned a lesson, and that “contractor” needs his brains stomped.

I subbed out hardwood floor work for 2 years working for my self and I did half down only on large jobs to help cover materials but I never once thought about bolting. It’s pathetic some people will.

The contractor's info is:
Lucas Bonilla from JBL Services
828-386-5735
FWIW that number traces back on one website (https://1-828-386.reversedphone.com/) to

828-386-5735
Name: Fabiani Anderwald
Street: Milton Gragg Rd
City: Boone
County: Watauga
State: North Carolina

No clue if it's accurate or not obviously.

Never let a stranger into your house for work unless he is bonded and insured. Any contractor worth a shnitt is insured. The larger ones are bonded. This bond keeps the deadbeat from running off without finishing, running off with your money, doing sub-par work.
You should never pay for work up front. If anything - agree on a portion up front for supplies, balance on satisfactory completion of work. Large jobs should have payoffs commensurately with stages of finished work .
Just a little info.

The Invoice is a joke. No details nothing. Not even his company name is correct. Sorry man but this is half your fault and his. if you had the home here in GA id love to help as a contractor and would donate my time. Folks really need to start making sure they vet a business before anything

Hobbyist, Contractor, or Con Man, he's financially crippled me all the same.

If you said this was extremely stupid of me, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. Hindsight is 2020, and I'll do my best to learn from the experience, but I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
Not being critical at all. Just kills me when contractors call themselves that but don't have a small line of credit with local suppliers. It's ridiculous.

The Invoice is a joke. No details nothing. Not even his company name is correct. Sorry man but this is half your fault and his. if you had the home here in GA id love to help as a contractor and would donate my time. Folks really need to start making sure they vet a business before anything

I definitely won't argue against that. I live by myself, so I don't have a lot of guidance, and/or experience. That said, if I never had any experience on the matter, how was I supposed to know, especially given my ignorance?

I honestly think it's sad. Is trust really in such short supply nowadays?

I definitely won't argue against that. I live by myself, so I don't have a lot of guidance, and/or experience. That said, if I never had any experience on the matter, how was I supposed to know, especially given my ignorance?

Yes . But karma is a *****

trust is a joke in this world myfriend. Shoot me your number maybe I can help

Back
Top Bottom