• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help

Anh Le

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
55   0
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I've recently run into some pretty bad luck, and if it's not too much trouble, some financial help, advice, or whatever you can spare would be greatly appreciated.

Bascially, I paid a contractor 2,900 to fix my bathroom, and after buying a couple of supplies, he ran off with my money. Whether it's because I'm young, ignorant, or both, I guess I was an easy target. My bathroom is still messed up, I'm already poor without people stealing from me, and I desperately need it fixed. Below is my go fund me for anyone who's interested. Thank you guys.

gofundme.com/f/bathroom-problem

that sucks man, you can threaten small claims but often times it isnt worth it. Did he run off with any supplies you yourself had bought or any tools you had bought, if so you can try and go to the cops for simple theft but if you gave him the cash then there isnt much they can do. Unfortunately this is why you never pay upfront.

now all of that being said, if you were to post some pictures of what all is there im sure the odt brain collective can help you try and figure out how to straighten it out and hopefully do as much yourself as you can.

I go through Flowery Branch every week. I'm also a contractor who hates to see this happen. It is far too prevalent. I cannot contribute financially but could contribute some of my time. What you got? Any pictures? Tile, toilet, shower, sink?

Thanks for the help, guys. Here's some more information on the matter:

The house I got was a fixer upper. One of the bathrooms isn't finished, and we're trying to get it up an running. It's got a toilet and nothing else. We inspected it and the plumbing doesn't even go anywhere, it seems. I'll send some pics when I get home.

As for the money situation, it's exactly as you said. I gave him the cash, and he bought some supplies, left it in my garage, and ran off with the rest of my money. It's just enough to avoid criminal and turn this into a civil case. He told me half up front and half when he's done, which sounds logical and fair. I hadn't taken into consideration that the half upfront was more than enough for him to run away with.

I don't even have his address, just his name and number. I was told I have to have a place for the court to give him the notice. Without some sort of address, I can't do anything, and even if I did, I've no idea if any good would come out of small claims court.

The house is in North Wilkesboro, in North Carolina. I tried to branch out, but I picked the absolute worst year to do so. I move back and forth between NC and my home town down here in GA, but my girlfriend crashed my car, so I'm stuck up here with no way to get back to Georgia. Allstate is trying to pretend that nothing happened, but that's another issue in on itself. What can I say? I have amazing luck.

The contractor's info is:
Lucas Bonilla from JBL Services
828-386-5735

Attachments

• 123_11.jpeg
    123_11.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 38
Not a contractor, he hired a hobbyiest.

Hobbyist, Contractor, or Con Man, he's financially crippled me all the same.

If you said this was extremely stupid of me, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. Hindsight is 2020, and I'll do my best to learn from the experience, but I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Back
Top Bottom