• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with value? Turkish 8mm Mauser

Samjo

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
thumbnail_IMG_0684.jpg
I hope that pleas for help with value are not frowned upon. I really have no experience with old Military arms and don't know where to start. I've done a little Gore-Web research, but values vary so much I need real world opinions. I received this rifle in a trade probably 10 years ago, and it's been sitting in my safe ever since. I have never fired it, but the bolt works smooth enough. I have dry fired it a couple of times, just to make sure the trigger mechanism works like it should. It's missing the cleaning rod, and the safety lever. Other than that, I think it's complete.

I think I'm going to let it go, as if I have done nothing with it in ten years, I probably never will. If y'all don't mind, could you look through the pictures, and let me know what y'all think I should list it for? You won't hurt my feelings....it might be worth $50 as a wall hanger, or $5000 as a collectors item. I just don't know, and need a range.

Thanks in advance for looking, and any opinions.
Sam

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0685.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0685.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 39
  • thumbnail_IMG_0686.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0686.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 38
  • thumbnail_IMG_0687.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0687.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 36
  • thumbnail_IMG_0690.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0690.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 35
  • thumbnail_IMG_0691.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0691.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 36
I hope that pleas for help with value are not frowned upon. I really have no experience with old Military arms and don't know where to start. I've done a little Gore-Web research, but values vary so much I need real world opinions. I received this rifle in a trade probably 10 years ago, and it's been sitting in my safe ever since. I have never fired it, but the bolt works smooth enough. I have dry fired it a couple of times, just to make sure the trigger mechanism works like it should. It's missing the cleaning rod, and the safety lever. Other than that, I think it's complete.

I think I'm going to let it go, as if I have done nothing with it in ten years, I probably never will. If y'all don't mind, could you look through the pictures, and let me know what y'all think I should list it for? You won't hurt my feelings....it might be worth $50 as a wall hanger, or $5000 as a collectors item. I just don't know, and need a range.

Thanks in advance for looking, and any opinions.
SamView attachment 3176331 View attachment 3176332 View attachment 3176333 View attachment 3176334 View attachment 3176335
Do you really need 8 threads on this?

No I don't!!

Kept getting error message saying "Bad Gateway".

Didn't realize they were posting every time I clicked Post.

Now...how the hell do you delete a thread, or seven? LOL
Go to the bottom of the thread, click on "Report", type: "please delete 7 duplicate threads"

Damn, today is just not your day...all the pic links show error...maybe it’s my iPad doing it?

It sure ain't!

I know I'm an old fart....but I thought I was fairly computer literate!

Let me try one more time. Edited the original post...deleted all the pics, and reloaded them.

If this don't fix it...I'm throwing the damn gun back in the safe and will try again in another ten years! :-)

Back
Top Bottom