• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help! Windshield crack repair.

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
Looking for some help, ODT.

I experienced a small impact during the rain storm the other day that started as a small chip with a small crack extending horizontally. Now has extended to around 9 inches in length. Single crack, not all the way through the windshield. Looking for anyone who may be able to repair it. I’ve seen a lot of people do it in videos with resin, but I don’t trust myself to do it nor do I have the equipment/supplies. And if I contact anyone who sticks with the dollar bill measurement that glass companies seem to use, they’re going to tell me to replace it anyway. Anyone work in glass repair or an auto shop that does this kind of thing? I live in Athens and commute to Gainesville 6 days a week for work. If someone is in my area or has a mobile unit, that’s would be ideal. Thanks, ODT!

Not worth trying to repair. Replace it and be done with it. It is currently difficult to get glass for some vehicles due to shipping problems. I just installed one in my Elky after looking for glass for a year. Had to go to Charlotte to pick it up.

Everyo
That’s what insurance is for.
Everyone keeps saying that... we’re still getting dinged on a repair my wife had done 4+ years ago on a windshield. Insurance is such a racket. Pay through the nose to be “covered” then penalized if you ever dare use it. Pay your deductible now and through the nose later. Forget that. Paying outright for the windshield and keeping insurance for the catastrophic.

Safelite repair, Safelite replace!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

I'm in Athens, I've used Safelight on about 3 occasions, very satisfied. No ins. involved.

BUT, you have to dance the dance.

Call Safelight, tell them what you want to get a windshield for. They will give you a price. Sort of swallow, hedge, thank them, then say you a local that will do it cheaper. They will ask you "how cheap". Make up a number about 70-80 per cent of what they quoted you - they have matched that every time I had them install a windshield.

You wouldn't think a national company like that would negotiate but they will.

But considering they will meet a local price and do it in your drive way or where you work, pretty hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom