• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help Please

Gotwood1718

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
83   1
Reaction score
I picked a horrible time to start reloading and need help. I want to buy the lee hand press and don't understand what and all I need to get started in reloading. I was wondering is their a complete reloading kit I can buy that don't brake the bank and don't take up a lot of space. My Grandfather was going to teach me and is in bad health. I've watched quite a bit of videos on reloading and picked up a little but it's not helping. I was wondering if I could find someone with experience to maybe point me in the right path.
Thank you!

Reloading isn’t that hard it’s just very unforgiving if you don’t follow the right steps. Here are a couple of rules that I follow

1. No distractions while reloading i.e TV, conversations, ODT etc.
2. Develop a system and be consistent in following each step every time.
3. Check your powder measures often to insure consistency and no double charges.
4. If you are not sure if you missed a step, stop and start over.
5. When in doubt, ask for help.

Good luck on a fun and rewarding hobby. There will always be someone here to offer advise, to ask about various loads and try and answer any questions you may have.

Just remember to go slow at first, measure and weigh everything 2 or 3 times at first.
Read basics manual. Watch vids. Get with someone to watch them first, then have them come by to watch you.
As stated above...the Lee turret press is a great start up.
You will love it or hate it. Lol. I have been at it since i was about 10 ....helping my dad. I wanted to learn everything. So i was taught young.

good luck and be careful. :)

First one I bought was the lee classic turret press. I was new to it and picked it up quickly with some YouTube videos. Bought it off here and came with nice table. I found that it wasn’t worth my time in the end and sold it with all the items I had for it. That was years ago when ammo was somewhat readily available. Kind of wished I had kept it. But I do recommend the lee classic turret....

Reloading isn’t that hard it’s just very unforgiving if you don’t follow the right steps. Here are a couple of rules that I follow

1. No distractions while reloading i.e TV, conversations, ODT etc.
2. Develop a system and be consistent in following each step every time.
3. Check your powder measures often to insure consistency and no double charges.
4. If you are not sure if you missed a step, stop and start over.
5. When in doubt, ask for help.

Good luck on a fun and rewarding hobby. There will always be someone here to offer advise, to ask about various loads and try and answer any questions you may have.
Good tips right here.

-- get a reloading manual -- any one is good but i prefer Lyman -- old is also good -
Expensive tooling makes the job easier and or faster but not necessarily better --
lee hand press is a good starting point -- set of dies, scale, dipper funnel, calipers, lube,
and chamfering tool and bobs your uncle --
be glad to help anyone in my area get started --

Back
Top Bottom