• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help on finding 2004R(200R4)

Picked up a car that had serious slip and hunting gears. Felt like a valve body so I bought the valve body and gaskets, pulled the pan and found a glittery/milky/muddy transmission fluid with shards of metal the size of my pinky. Happy it worked for my day to day to and from Home Depot but now need a replacement.

I have a TH350 transmission and looking to swap it over to a 2oo4R but I can't find them anywhere. Anyone know of good locations in NW georgia, or anywhere a few hours around?
You do know the crossmember and drive shaft won’t work the 2004r is longer also the 2004r is junk if it is stock it has a plastic center support that strips out transmission rebuilder for 40years

You do know the crossmember and drive shaft won’t work the 2004r is longer also the 2004r is junk if it is stock it has a plastic center support that strips out transmission rebuilder for 40years
Not trying to bust your balls but it does work. the length of the transmissions are about the same(27 5/8" & 27 3/4") and the splines match the driveshaft. a cross member is needed but easily obtained. They also made 2004Rs on the Buick GNX and others. Essentially, the TH350 and 2004R are the same transmission with space made for the overdrive. through the years some electronics were changed but you can still use those as well. As for power, they handle plenty, if you compensate for torque through your rear diff, axles,supension and tires. Which we could talk a lot about, including folks I know running 2004Rs with 400+ Whp. Also, specific code 2004Rs have much beefier clutch packs. not sure why folks say you can't use these especially with small block motors.

Back
Top Bottom