• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help needed for Florida Keys vacation

Awesome place. If you’re young single and party then probably key west. Family wise and just for relaxing I’d stick to marathon key.

I would recommend a rental at tranquility bay. Awesome place and three pools with a private beach that has water to bottom floats around the beach to keep the little ones safe. You can pretty much let your kids free range between the pools and beach depending on their age obviously.

Some must do items. Rent a boat and head out to sombrero reef 8 miles offshore, tie up and spend the afternoon snorkeling. And if you rent a boat (or have your own) there are several cool small islands you can (if you dare the shallows) anchor near and swim to for ultimate day getaway, one right near 7 mile bridge we love going to. Jet skis of course and if you like fishing there are plenty of private boats to be had and a few of the group boats as well.

I love the keys for the water and offshore, however it’s mostly coral and rocky so any beaches are private or a national park and generally crowded and barely qualify for being called a beach. Wife and I actually married at key west on the park beach at sunset many years back.

If you’re looking for much more relaxing and real beach then you’re coming up closer to home somewhere in the region of Mexico beach.

Wife and I just got back from that area and with her artistry with jewelry I’m seriously thinking of trying to start a business on web and see how it goes, maybe if fortune shined on us we could make the beach our daily life. God would t that be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is only 1 road (bridges) to get there...:D
Great place if you're tolerant of people. Lot of oddballs down there. If you just want to see it stay in Marathon and make a day trip of it. If you want to go the whole way get reservations. But, don't miss the 1.75 breakfast at Dennis's pharmacy.(1990s price) while you read the "Key West citizen" best fishing is in Islamarada
But it's pricey. Buy a t-shirt, tip a bum, have a blast. Good restaurants on Caroline st. And Mallory square at sunset. Street performers are great.

Great place if you're tolerant of people. Lot of oddballs down there. If you just want to see it stay in Marathon and make a day trip of it. If you want to go the whole way get reservations. But, don't miss the 1.75 breakfast at Dennis's pharmacy.(1990s price) while you read the "Key West citizen" best fishing is in Islamarada
But it's pricey. Buy a t-shirt, tip a bum, have a blast. Good restaurants on Caroline st. And Mallory square at sunset. Street performers are great.

Yea can’t miss a sunset down at Mallory square. Only an hour drive one day from marathon. Love the performers. Beware.....if your wife brings $$ you will be spending it on the vendors, there’s something for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom