Help in identification of artifact?

The one on the left looks like a shaft straightener. The Native Americans would run this over the shaft of the arrow to eliminate any irregular points or contours. I used to find similar things in Nebraska, most of which were Pawnee, and Sioux. Not sure if that's what it is, but that's my best guess.

I kinda agree with you on that with the circular hole in the center. They must have used something with it for leverage. That or it could have been used to shave the bark and branches off of the arrows with the sharp edge it has.

I kinda agree with you on that with the circular hole in the center. They must have used something with it for leverage.
They would actually just slip it over at an angle, and scrape it up and down the shaft. You can see the channel on the inside of it at the top.

I'll bet there were quite a few masturbation jokes back in the day to go along with the use of this tool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 19 Kilo
Never knew the Cherokee Nation were descendants of Asia. Who knew

You can tell its a sex stone because of the obvious observation that it is a ****ing rock

Somebody owes me a damn keyboard. Spilt tea all over mine..

They would actually just slip it over at an angle, and scrape it up and down the shaft. You can see the channel on the inside of it at the top.

I'll bet there were quite a few masturbation jokes back in the day to go along with the use of this tool.

LOL, no doubt :thumb:

Have you seen these tools?

Saw something very similar out in New Mexico, a young girl was sewing rawhide with tools like that. Pushed a antler tip through the guide into the hide making a hole(think it protects finger tips from damage ) and the other piece was in her palm using it to push with and give leverage and sewing with sinew(ligament strans). Very similar to the tools she was using and she could work fast, but I think your arrow scraper sounds feasable too.

Back
Top Bottom