• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP!! I need a mobile tractor mechanic!!

If it's under warranty why not try to have the dealer pick it up. If you mess with it, it may void your warranty.
There is no dealer anywhere near me, but I am going to try that route Monday by calling Mahindra Corp. The last time the dealer picked it up, it took 1 day shy of 11 weeks to fix a blown hydraulic seal. The time before that, I was charged $300 to pick it up and bring it back for the 50 hour service. That only took 5 weeks :doh:

There is no dealer anywhere near me, but I am going to try that route Monday by calling Mahindra Corp. The last time the dealer picked it up, it took 1 day shy of 11 weeks to fix a blown hydraulic seal. The time before that, I was charged $300 to pick it up and bring it back for the 50 hour service. That only took 5 weeks :doh:
That reminds me of the time I took my JD lawn tractor to the dealer for a starting problem. After not hearing from them for a month and a half, I took a ride there. When the service mgr. asked me why I was there, I told him I missed my tractor and was there to visit. I also towed my trailer to bring it home fixed or not. It was't, but it started and I never had a problem with it again.

sounds more like a bad alternator to me
Alternator can do this. Depending on where it stops at shutdown, it may or may not have any issues when off.

I had one it took a week to diagnose. The only way I caught it (customer assured me it was not the alternator) was I laid my hand on it after it had been shut down for 8 hours. The Alternator was hot! There was my draw.

If it needs parts, others than something simple get ready to wait. Everyone is using COVID as an excuse for shipping and backlogged work.

I'm going to get a voltmeter Monday. It won't crank, so I can't check it under load. I know it sounds/is pitiful, but I can't get to the cables to remove the battery. That's why I need to pay someone.
charge that battery up before you test it. It could just be discharged to much to crank it, and the alternator is bad and not charging it.

Charge it up until the voltage is around 12.4 VDC. The try to crank the tractor. If you can get it to crank, run the RPMs up to around 2000, and let it run for a couple of minutes. Then test the voltage across the battery terminals. It should be running up around 14.2 VDC. If the voltage isn't up to at least 14.0 VDC, the alternator isn't charging, or is not charging enough.

Let us know what you find

Back
Top Bottom