• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP!! I need a mobile tractor mechanic!!

ITs Saturday?
The battery has to have a very bare minimum voltage of 12.9 vdc 13.4 is a fully charged battery. The voltage is irrelevant if it don't have enough amps.
He came and looked at it. Battery was showing 14+ before trying to crank. Would drop to 2-3 after. vNegative cable was cracked also. He took battery to get another one and a battery cable...

He came and looked at it. Battery was showing 14+ before trying to crank. Would drop to 2-3 after. vNegative cable was cracked also. He took battery to get another one and a battery cable...
I sure hope he comes back with your battery. Doesn't matter at all if negative cable is cracked. It's just as well bare of insulation.

Long story short, I am having electrical issues w/ my Mahindra 2540. 6 weeks ago, wouldn't crank. Replaced battery and positive battery cable. Wouldn't crank next day, charged battery. Cranked and ran good for about two hours. Parked it and wouldn't crank 5 minutes later. Put on battery charger, but hasn't cranked since. I'm sure it's something small, but I can't fool w/ it. I don't have the strength in my hands to turn a wrench anymore.

It's under warranty, but I have to be able to load it and get it to a dealer, none of which are w/in 100 miles. Anyone know of a mechanic close to Newnan that is willing to come look at it?
Mahindra had starter interlocks with the pto controls & gear shifter. Have you put it in neutral and jumped the starter with a junk screwdriver? Just jump the two large nuts on the solenoid. Don't touch anything else when you do it and expect some sparking. Don't let that scare you, keep screwdriver in place.

Mahindra had starter interlocks with the pto controls & gear shifter. Have you put it in neutral and jumped the starter with a junk screwdriver? Just jump the two large nuts on the solenoid. Don't touch anything else when you do it and expect some sparking. Don't let that scare you, keep screwdriver in place.
Yep, we tried that. New battery and two new cables and I am up and running again.

Back
Top Bottom