• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP - Bug Bite Identification Needed.

About the time I started to worry over the loss of feeling in/on the thumb, it started to return so I never asked my doc.

I sometimes use household ammonia to take the sting/itch out of bug bites.

About the time I started to worry over the loss of feeling in/on the thumb, it started to return so I never asked my doc.

I sometimes use household ammonia to take the sting/itch out of bug bites.

After getting bit on the inner thigh and testicles by Bullet Ants, I am not much bothered by the pain/itch associated with being insect food.

I don't know if ammonia will help with the swelling, but I'll give it a try.

Considering I always heard you should pee on a jellyfish sting (never tried it or done any research to see if it's true or not) and urine contains a small amount of ammonia, it kinda makes sense to use ammonia to neutralize the venom in a bugbite.

After getting bit on the inner thigh and testicles by Bullet Ants, I am not much bothered by the pain/itch associated with being insect food.

I don't know if ammonia will help with the swelling, but I'll give it a try.

Considering I always heard you should pee on a jellyfish sting (never tried it or done any research to see if it's true or not) and urine contains a small amount of ammonia, it kinda makes sense to use ammonia to neutralize the venom in a bugbite.
It's a common component of "bite sticks". "

I’ve had yellow fly do that to my hand back when I was younger, but I sure felt the bite. Horse flies will do it to, but theirs don’t seem to swell as long.

Good luck. If you go to the VA get 'em to check out that chronic heartburn. May be something they can fix. No need to go through life suffering.

Campho Phenique is my go-to for bites but you're already a quarter past that.

24a4174e-1e2a-512a-bb53-edcb0011833e

Good luck and keep us posted!

I didn't think to check before, but after reading your post I poked the back of my hand with a toothpick. It's numb as well.

I hope it doesn't last 6 months cause I use the back of my left hand when I check my mug to see if my coffee has cooled down enough to drink.

If it's numb for 6 months I am, without a doubt, gonna end up scalding the **** out of myself at Waffle House.
Stay outta waffle house! That will fix the constant heartburn problem as well....

Good luck. If you go to the VA get 'em to check out that chronic heartburn. May be something they can fix. No need to go through life suffering.

Campho Phenique is my go-to for bites but you're already a quarter past that.

24a4174e-1e2a-512a-bb53-edcb0011833e

Good luck and keep us posted!
good stuff and darned hard to find anymore

Back
Top Bottom