• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HELP - Bug Bite Identification Needed.

Maybe ice it to slow the swelling?

Tried a cold compress and an Ice Bath at both times during the day... Neither reduced the swelling. I think it's been about the same size all day. I haven't noticed it getting bigger or smaller honestly. No matter what I have done to it.

Tried a cold compress and an Ice Bath at both times during the day... Neither reduced the swelling. I think it's been about the same size all day. I haven't noticed it getting bigger or smaller honestly. No matter what I have done to it.
I'm really curious as to what did that to you man.

As long as the pain or swelling isn't getting worse, I'd wait to see what it looks like in the morning. Also, don't go out attacking peoples.

tenor-1.gif

If I had to bet it’s a spider bite. I had the pleasure of an ER visit lately and I’m suspecting it was a spider bite.
They are sneaky bastards.
You may need a round of steroids.
Had a Brown Recluse bite me on the ear a couple of years ago, initially it wasn't anything and then it was. Called the 24 emergency nurse number and she told me to get my butt to the hospital asap.
Luckily they got it before necrosis set it. They told me that the ears and nose are the worst places to get bit.
I hate spiders and ticks, I've already had my bout with lyme disease.

Your bite site looks eerily similar to one I had a few years ago on my right thumb. I think something was in or got into my work glove and bit my thumb. I cutting a stand of giant reed grass with a brush cutter. Could have been anything I suppose but never saw any type of spider or insect.

Swelling went down in a couple of days but I had zero feeling in that thumb for about 6 months. It returned to normal eventually.

Your bite site looks eerily similar to one I had a few years ago on my right thumb. I think something was in or got into my work glove and bit my thumb. I cutting a stand of giant reed grass with a brush cutter. Could have been anything I suppose but never saw any type of spider or insect.

Swelling went down in a couple of days but I had zero feeling in that thumb for about 6 months. It returned to normal eventually.

I didn't think to check before, but after reading your post I poked the back of my hand with a toothpick. It's numb as well.

I hope it doesn't last 6 months cause I use the back of my left hand when I check my mug to see if my coffee has cooled down enough to drink.

If it's numb for 6 months I am, without a doubt, gonna end up scalding the **** out of myself at Waffle House.

Back
Top Bottom