• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help!!! Backstrap Recipes

Here is a link with pics of the cuts. Your processor should have marked it separately in a package unless he included with the backstraps. It is typically around 1 - 2lbs of meat.

Man I wish that the processors near where I live were like this place in the link. I guess this is why I do my own most of the time though. HA

I have been told by a few different friends that a Venison Marsala is the way to go. I had a recipe but it is corrupted. I think you can find a good recipe over the net... but just remember to use the meat hammer to the Venison....

Cut loins in strips.soak in dales for about 30 minutes. Put slices of pepperchinis in middle and wrap in bacon. Need to cook bacon about half done before wrapping. Throw on grille for few minutes till rare, mid rare. Best dish I have had. Also works good with cubed steak, need to chill meat before cutting in strips/ trying to cut warm cube steak it will fall apart.

Last edited:
Cut into 2 inch steaks and marinate in apple cider for 3-4 hours then remove and dry off, brush lightly with BBQ sauce (I use sweet baby rays) wrap in bacon hit it with some kosher salt and fresh pepper and throw it on the weber grill. Cook it to med-rare and enjoy. Like a few of the guys said before, if you cook it past medium it becomes a hockey puck devoid of flavor or moisture.

I also like it soaked in teriyaki and grilled, and it's hard to beat plain old fried backstrap at deer camp. Just remember to always cut it across the grain this will help it stay tender.

explain exactly is the tenderloin

The pics of the roasts arrayed was nice but did not answer your question, Benjamin...The tenderloins are found on the underside of the spine just forward of where the hams attach to the body. Generally thin pieces, as batoncolle indicated a pound or so, but probably the most tender pieces of the deer. A lot of folks don't even know they are there. Luckily an uncle who taught me to butcher my kills pointed them out...

The pics of the roasts arrayed was nice but did not answer your question, Benjamin...The tenderloins are found on the underside of the spine just forward of where the hams attach to the body. Generally thin pieces, as batoncolle indicated a pound or so, but probably the most tender pieces of the deer. A lot of folks don't even know they are there. Luckily an uncle who taught me to butcher my kills pointed them out...

Spot on. My tradition has always been to field dress the deer and then pull the tenderloins off the inside of the rib cage and have them for supper that night while the rest of the deer bleeds out and gets ready for processing.

i28.photobucket.com_albums_c239_212007154_bow_nov13th_t_loin2.jpg

i28.photobucket.com_albums_c239_212007154_bow_nov13th_t_loin3.jpg

i28.photobucket.com_albums_c239_212007154_bow_nov13th_t_loins4.jpg

From google.

Back
Top Bottom