• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help!!! Backstrap Recipes

It's deer meat...it's gonna taste better than any store bought cow you can cook up.

I've tried many recipes, but my favorite few are marinating in red cooking wine, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and your spices of choice...yes olive oil is great too.
A good four-eight hours marinating
Rinse
Cook up in the pan with sautéed onions, garlic, peppers and whatever else you choose to tickle your taste buds.

I also like to add brown gravy mix during the last several minutes of the cooking especially if I am making mashed taters on the side with some other steamed vegetables.

Man...all is talk is getting me hungry.

I think I'm gonna make my famous deer meatballs tonight...yeah buddy.

It's deer meat...it's gonna taste better than any store bought cow you can cook up.

I've tried many recipes, but my favorite few are marinating in red cooking wine, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and your spices of choice...yes olive oil is great too.
A good four-eight hours marinating
Rinse
Cook up in the pan with sautéed onions, peppers and whatever else you choose to tickle your taste buds.

I also like to add brown gravy mix during the last several minutes of the cooking especially if I am making mashed taters on the side with some other steamed vegetables.

Man...all is talk is getting me hungry.

I think I'm gonna make my famous deer meatballs tonight...yeah buddy.

so you want to totally hide the taste of venison?

so you want to totally hide the taste of venison?

Nope, I can eat it plain as day also but it's the only way I can get my wife and kids to eat it plus I've been known to fool some people who would never try or hate the taste of venicin over to the dark side once they've tasted the best meat ever.

Cut into 2" steaks soak in buttermilk fer 2hr take them out rinse then.Soak in dales sauce about 45mins throwem on the grill.Simple and great tasting and you can still taste the flavor of the meat.

Back
Top Bottom