• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help\Advice Stuck casing

Joemeathead

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
11   0
Reaction score
Ok.....I have a steel 223 casing stuck in my non-assault rifle.

I have tried soaking it and taping on it with a brass rod, just bending the rod.
Been in there for a while now, what is the best for eating up the carbon and oils?

Any tricks?...secrets?

Brake cleaner bad? Will it hurt the chrome lining?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Try holding it muzzle down and gently slam the charging handle down on the edge of a wood table.. you’ll ding the table but the gun will be fine.

The hit on the primer looks odd because I was tapping on it with a small screw driver.
Yes the round is spent...haha

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 175
By no means do I know anything.. maybe some oil down the barrel to soak, and then a wooden dowel rod tapped lightly
This! Dowel that will fit inside the casing, then hit sharply. If that doesn't work, I would try heating the receiver with a hair dryer, then sharply tapping the dowel.

This! Dowel that will fit inside the casing, then hit sharply. If that doesn't work, I would try heating the receiver with a hair dryer, then sharply tapping the dowel.

Yea I was using a BB gun cleaning rod with a brass end on it, but it was bending the end I was tapping on. That's why I was wondering if Brake cleaner would hurt the finish inside the barrel.

I'd try some penetrating oil down the bore, soak, then a wood dowel or a 3/16 steel rod stock down the bore into the case followed by a loving tappy tap tap with a hammer. Brass is too soft and prone to bend. Must really be stuck! Another option which is resort to last because if it falls you'd be worse off, drill the primer, tap the hole and use a slide hammer with a bolt matching your threads.

Back
Top Bottom