• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heirloom Knife Replacement For Dad

Spagett

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
Billion Dollar Director
83   0
Reaction score
Hi Guys - Here's the summary of what's going on:

A number of years ago, my father was getting on a flight. He got stopped by TSA for having a pocket knife. The choice was to surrender the knife and board or miss the flight and make other arrangements. This was an important flight and my father had no choice to surrender the small pen knife. It was his father's knife. He forgot it was in his briefcase. His father died in 1981. It wasn't an easy choice but it would have cost his company dearly if he missed this flight.

Fast forward to today. My parents are about to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and although we have mom's gift set, we thought it'd be a good idea to replace dad's knife. I mean, we can't replace HIS dad's knife but we can give my dad HIS new knife.

I don't know ANYTHING about knives. The knife he gave up, the one which I think it should loosely resemble was a reasonably narrow pen knife as far as I can remember. Yellowish horn, weathered. Don't remember the blade styles or lengths.

Now, I'm sure the original was bought in the 1940's or so and wasn't crazy expensive (but may have been to my grandparents) and realistically, I think my brother and I are wiling to go in at $1,000 for the right knife.

This NEEDS to be a knife that will last generations and be around forever.

Whatever help anyone here could provide is appreciated. There aren't many places online I can trust with this so I'm hoping TODT can help. Please let me know where to start, end, look, consider, etc. I'm lost out here.

Thanks dudes.
-Dan

Just as a caveat, please no tactical, large bladed, mall-ninja, or crazy knives. We're looking for a gentleman's knife that is crafted to last forever. Literal heirloom that'll be in the family until someone starts "DJ'ing" and sells it for crystal meth in 10 (?) years

Something like this? Obviously nicer...

image.jpg

If you do not locate what you need, I am in Kennesaw and have the attached brand new Case knife, but no box or documentation. Any dark areas on the blades are from the flash/lighting. Thanks.

Case knife1.JPG
Case knife2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom