• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you had your firearm stolen?

Well it really sucks when your firearm is stolen while you’re using your car to transport it to and from the range or your hunting location.

The national sporting clays tournament is in San Antonio, TX. Every year someone loses guns from a car break in. It became clear over the years that vehicles were being followed from the grounds because most of the break ins were at restaurants while the owners were eating. By and large the owners are smart enough to not have any identifying stickers on their vehicles. The thieves were famous among this small crowd for how quickly they could get in an out of vehicles, steal the guns and get gone.

Finally the range installed secure lockers with full time attendants where you could leave your guns.

The same in my area. Why folks continue to leave guns in cars is beyond me.

Let me give u a few.

You have to go in to the court house, for many different reasons, like, to renew your GWCL, get your tags, jury duty, ect.

You have to go into a federal building.

You travel to another state, that forbids weapons in any place that has a no weapons sign.

You have to go into hospital that is also a school.

You have a larger firearm for truck carry and a smaller firearm for cc.

You keep a long gun in your truck just in case, but don't won't to be THAT GUY walking around with an AR at home depot.

Just about every patrol car has a long gun in it these days

The list goes on...

Let me give u a few.

You have to go in to the court house, for many different reasons, like, to renew your GWCL, get your tags, jury duty, ect.

You have to go into a federal building.

You travel to another state, that forbids weapons in any place that has a no weapons sign.

You have to go into hospital that is also a school.

You have a larger firearm for truck carry and a smaller firearm for cc.

You keep a long gun in your truck just in case, but don't won't to be THAT GUY walking around with an AR at home depot.

Just about every patrol car has a long gun in it these days

The list goes on...

This is true. These situations are plausible and do happen everyday.

Mainly, i was talking about overnight, in a driveway at home. I should have specified that, so i can see where my statement is confusing some. It is hard to remember to be exact when you are on a board where 40k people are.

Back
Top Bottom