Have you ever seen this?

romans1212

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

The grip says RG10 and the barrel says 22 SHORT and MADE IN GERMANY. This belonged to my wife’s grandmother who died 14 years ago at 75 years old. (Born in 1929). The serial numbers on the barrel, cylinder and the frame all match and it does shoot.

I know it is probably worth less than the Glock mat it is sitting on. Apart from that, I know nothing about it. Because I’ve never seen it before, I thought I’d share. If you know anything more, please share.

It may not have much monetary value but historically I think it’s a nice piece from a time when women secretly carried these small pistols in their purses (my great grandmother carried a .32). Thanks for sharing it and hopefully one of the ODT gun historians will be able to provide more information.

I saw one a few years back the would shave part of the bullet off when it was fired. the timing was off , I also saw another RG revolver that had a split side wall on the cylinder, shoot it at your own risk

RG's are the quintessential "Saturday Night Special" guns.
Cheap, reliable enough to hold up a liquor store, and so cheap you don't mind disposing it after the robbery.
I'm glad your grandma owned it and had it to give her protection and peace of mind for her later years.
But at its core this RG is a street thug's gun.
It's a step up from switchblades of the type used by the Sharks and the Jets in West Side Story.

Back
Top Bottom