• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have the ammo classified gone to pot?

Can someone explain their own reasoning for having 2,000 or 10,000 rounds of ammo on hand? Serious question.

Do you think you'll use it all up at once in a massive burn down? Or that ammo will be unavailable for years to come?

I have a good bit myself, but it's just what I've been doing -- not sure why really.
Cause it’s not really THAT heavy...

Edited for clarity...

3u7zry.jpg

People that like that or make it deal of the day are just ****ing around. We aren’t allowed to make negative comments in the ad so we have to take the subtle approach and know everyone is laughing at those sellers.

My wife has asked me many times how much ammo is enough. I answer by telling her you can have a bunch of guns but if you don’t have ammo, the guns are useless. You can have one gun and tons of ammo and you’ll always be in good shape.

I also believe that sometime in the not so distant future ammo will be taxed high like tobacco products in blue states. Last time I was in Boston a pack of Marlboro Ultra Lights was over $9.00 and in New York $10.60.

Dems will have control again and they will use ammo as a cash cow to fund their agenda. I buy ammo with the same approach I invest money, for the long term.

I also like zeroing my rifle as little as possible. So, I like to buy rifle ammo in bulk and keep to the same lot.

I don’t have to worry about CTD or odt'rs "price gouging (i.e. demand is greater than supply)

I get to make fun of people that believe they deserve ammo cheaper than current market conditions.

I believe that ammo will go up in value over time. And it will go up quite drastically is the left gets full control.

Can someone explain their own reasoning for having 2,000 or 10,000 rounds of ammo on hand? Serious question. Do you think you'll use it all up at once in a massive burn down? Or that ammo will be unavailable for years to come? I have a good bit myself, but it's just what I've been doing -- not sure why really.

My concern here is that democrats will make it harder to buy whenever they get back in power and eventually they will gain more power as the political cycle swings back to them. They could require background checks, install some purchase limit of # boxes/month, or a waiting period. Could be no online sales at all or must go through FFL, 4473 form for ammo sales, outlaw many types of ammo and make it harder for the plants that make it to operate...thus reducing the supply and (gasp!) raising prices. Or even have some new limits on where gun stores are located - say they must be 5000 ft from a school or something.

Who knows... Once things settle down, probably a good idea to buy more, regardless of how much you have on hand.

Back
Top Bottom