Has yer Generator stopped Generating power, try this trick

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
361   0
Reaction score
to get it back operating properly
118428728_10216467859200185_6268772464784631254_o.jpg

So I found out something that was pretty cool. That a lot of people don't know. So I cranked up my generator it runs fine but it's not putting out power. So I called Briggs & Stratton company. He told me my generator lost its magnetic field. So he told me to start up the generator and plug in a electric drill. And keep turning the drill backwards. Till it automatically comes on. And goes the right way... it puts the magnetic field back into the generator.. I thought that was pretty cool to know..
another version
Electric Drill Method
Plug in an electric drill into the generator receptacle.If the drill is reversible, move the direction switch to the forward position.Start the generator.While depressing the trigger on the drill, spin the drill chuck in reverse direction. This will excite the field and the generator will now produce electricity. If spinning the chuck one direction does not work, try spinning the chuck in the other direction as you may have the reverse switch positioned backward.

Use caution not to get your hand or other materials caught in the chuck. As soon as the field is exited, the generator will produce power and the drill will turn on.

Yea that is pretty cool. And makes sense. This doesn't have much to do with the post, but reminds me of a story of when I was a cashier over 20 years ago. Some people would have a credit card where the magnetic strip on the back lost it's magnetic field and the register wouldn't read it when you swiped it. The trick to fix it was to put it inside one of the plastic grocery bags and swipe it through while it's inside the bag. Basically there is just thin plastic between the card and the reader. The static electricity would create the magnetic field that was missing and, voila, the machine would read it. It wouldn't put the magnetic field back into the card (i.e. the card would require the bag every time), but it worked.

Back
Top Bottom