• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone ever...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Tried altering/using a full length M91/30 stock on a carbine M44/ Type 53 ? I ask this because those stocks are easier to find. Working on my ratty looking Type 53 and it has a rough stock with a crack and field repair pretty much the whole length of the butt . In fact the buttplate bottome screw is loose and won't tighten up due to being right in the cracked area.
I know i can get an aftermarket plastic stock but i don't like those. I wanna keep it semi original with wood and the steel butt plate since I ain't no sensitive sissy type. I would also like to make use of the original slots for the sling collars but i don't know if the front slot would be further out than i need to cut off.
Suggestions...anybody...anybody?

Funny you posted this. I'm watching that eBay stock right now. Trying to talk myself into it. As can be seen the front end has been hacked off. The refinish job was decent but I really wanted to retain the upper barrel cover and front sling slot. However this particular stock MAY be my best and certainly most economical option.
As for the Boyds stock they make good stuff but they're proud of it and take a long time to ship.

Back
Top Bottom