• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hard tail experience

Had a kick only 74 cubic inch shovelhead in a rigid Paughco frame. Miss the scoot, but don't miss wrenchin' on that bastard.
Also had a hot rod 113" s & s in a rigid UCC frame (Ground Pounder)
Never got into the ultra soft Charmin bikes with fairings .............although a radio woulda been great.:rockon:

Biggest question to ask is: How's yer back? :becky:
Only 31 so the back is okay for now!

I’m not wanting anything too exotic and have zero fabrication skills. I’m decent with a wrench though so I’m just looking into a rolling chassis and would love to put a mild 88” in it. Not crazy about the super wide tires, probably a 200mm at most. I’d keep the rims small and the sidewalls tall for a little help in the ride department. Something like this:

C72BCCAE-2991-47A5-BD4E-08667C38A052.jpeg

Curious, I know I said I’d like a mild 88” motor. Obviously that’s a twin cam, but I’m just assuming the newest but still carbed engine would be easiest.

Would anyone prefer something else? Would an 82” Evo be better? Even an old Ironhead? Looking for the cheapest option really.

I've never been able to understand how you can ride a low seated, low bar, forward control bike, looks so uncomfortable, scissored at the waist.
Almost as uncomfortable as a bullet bike IMHO. At least the sport bikes do have good suspension though. Neither are for me , but to each his own... sincerely (before i get pc slammed lol)

I've never been able to understand how you can ride a low seated, low bar, forward control bike, looks so uncomfortable, scissored at the waist.
It's all about the look, I never liked forward controls although I have ridden a few bikes with them and I ALWAYS had apehangers. They are more comfy than they look.

Back
Top Bottom