• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handheld GPS?

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I am looking at various handheld GPS options. I understand that a lot of people like the Garmin GPS60csx, but that it is being discontinued. I find myself leaning toward the Garmin 78s, because it will be used on a boat as well as in the woods-and that one is supposed to float.

-Anyone got any tips and suggestions about any of the Garmin handhelds? I do like the Garmin maps-especially the lake maps, so I will probably end up going with one of them!

-Thanks
-J

Garmin Vista HCX. It's an older model, but it's great! I use it for on the lake, on the road, and in the woods. I have never had an issue getting a signal even in the most dense woods.

I'd definitely get one that has a rechargeable battery with it. I had a garmin that took AA's and sometimes it would die before the fishing trip was even over.

I'd definitely get one that has a rechargeable battery with it. I had a garmin that took AA's and sometimes it would die before the fishing trip was even over.

Whats good about rechargeable batts is that you can purchase a solar powered recharger kit for cheap off of flea bay to take out on your outdoor excursions and never worry about running out of juice. You never know when you might need it.

My personal GPS is an older Legend, probably 8yrs old and not one problem, I used it as a backup now. The one I use at work is a 60CS and I love it. Found a site that ya can download topo maps free and install them, works like a charm. The bigger screen is the biggest plus of the 60 over the Legend, basically operates the same except with the Legend it has that little joy stick and the CS is push button.

Nick T

Back
Top Bottom