• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun transfer question

Guys, Bottom line is don't lead someone to believe you're right if you're not sure. I'd rather be safe rather than hurt someone else or myself.

It goes both ways. Don't come on here saying ALL transfers via mail HAVE to go thru a FFL. Long guns DO NOT!
Read what I wrote HANDGUNS.
Here it is again,
So have you done it, shipped a handgun as you have stated, if you have done it own it. If you have you broke the law of the carrier who would be the one to prosecute you. Nobody has said someone has got convicted, you brought that out .Pretty much facts on carrier rules. So guess who's spreading the what you call it. Just don't lead someone else down the wrong road, you may do what you want,so carry on.

Read what I wrote HANDGUNS.
Here it is again,
So have you done it, shipped a handgun as you have stated, if you have done it own it. If you have you broke the law of the carrier who would be the one to prosecute you. Nobody has said someone has got convicted, you brought that out .Pretty much facts on carrier rules. So guess who's spreading the what you call it. Just don't lead someone else down the wrong road, you may do what you want,so carry on.

Read your own stuff.

"
Yeah, this part is what breaks the LAW.
In addition, federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt."

You said nothing about handguns.

Read your own stuff.

"
Yeah, this part is what breaks the LAW.
In addition, federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt."

You said nothing about handguns.
Ok, you're right. Carry on. Stay Safe.

I work for the sheriff office, unless you are ftf you cannot ship a firearm unless it is to a designated ffl. A transfer in state must be done in person to two legal consenting parties but if a ftf meeting can not be arranged you must ship it to an ffl UNLESS IT IS C&R which is a another subject
Edit: guess I gotta clarify my statement here^ no it is not illegal by government standpoint but many shipping companies won’t accept the shipment without it being an ffl, then we get into the argument of “private business can do what they want” etc..etc...
I love how cops think they know the law..it's cute.

Because whether people like it or not, due to my career I do like to do plenty of research on many many different subjects including but not limited to gun laws. But I guess I should end this conversation with a statement.
I am not a gun law lawyer, nor is most anyone on this forum. Do not take my or anyone else’s unprofessional advice without consulting someone who is certified in law. This will cover you butt. That is all.
So, Wanna be cop that doesn't know the law.

Back
Top Bottom