• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun transfer question

gdtall

Default rank <400 posts Lifetime Supporter
Survivalist
88   0
Reaction score
I live in north Ga. I have sold a gun to an acquaintance in south Ga. As long as he is legally allowed to own a gun. (For example Sends me a copy/picture of a valid drivers license and valid carry permit) can I ship it directly to him?

Thanks

I’m not positive but I believe you can ship long guns within the state. But I am not sure about pistols. I’m sure someone who knows for sure will come along.

I live in north Ga. I have sold a gun to an acquaintance in south Ga. As long as he is legally allowed to own a gun. (For example Sends me a copy/picture of a valid drivers license and valid carry permit) can I ship it directly to him?

Thanks
Yes, even a handgun.

Thanks
Yes

If it is a handgun, you must ship to a FFL even in state but you can't send it through the mail. If it is a long gun, you can mail it directly to him, using the post office, as long as both of you live in Georgia.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-nonlicensee-ship-firearm-through-us-postal-service
If you read that it says the USPS cannot be used to ship a hand gun, but you can use a common carrier.
If you declare it be prepared for a hassle.
probably just as easy to jump in the car and deliver it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom