• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun safes

25   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with biometric handgun safes? One of the higher rated brands is the 9G which is now owned by Liberty Safes. I like the idea of a quick opening small safe, but I'm concerned about the reliability of the biometric system.

What do you think?

I have a Liberty HDX 250 biometric and a GunVault 500 standard with the push buttons. They both work about 97% of the time. When the GV doesn't work, I just enter the code again, and it will pop open. If the biometric doesn't recognize my print, then unplugging it has always fixed the issue. It also runs on a battery backup.

The biometric is much faster, but when it doesn't work, it takes longer to resolve. No safe is 100% perfect which is why I have safes all over the house.

It's definitely heavier built than the GunVault I have. There is a mounting bracket you can also purchase for it that mounts to the bottom. Or you could also probably fit one of those thin cable locks through it. If you had to drill out one of the holes, it wouldn't require much.

Back
Top Bottom