• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun at 18??

So you lie instead. Ya, that won't discredit you at all.
dude its a profile, i dont think mine has my accurate birthday either. i wouldnt call him a liar for that

should be up to to the seller to verify themselves. if someone asked him in a PM if he was 18 and he lied to them and then failed to produce ID if you werent sure that would be solely on the seller

caveat emptor caveat venditor

So that people don't immediately discredit me. Whenever I do a sale my dad comes with me and shows a CWP but I tell the person beforehand that I'm 17.

So, the intent of your dad being there with his WCL is to do what? Straw purchase the weapon? If there is a bill of sale, who has been signing them?

I don't see an issue with owning one under 21 or under 18 for that matter. If the government trusts a 16 year old with driving a car I believe responsible gun ownership is far less dangerous than driving a car. I've handled guns since I was a small child and was trusted to keep my own near by. Responsible parents build good character for their children and show them values. Is the law stupid? absolutely...is there a time to make a responsible decision to protect your families lives and their property? absolutely...does that mean the law may be broken but your family and property will be left unharmed absolutely. I will never tell someone willing to break the law. The law doesnt always prevent right and wrong. to answer the Question of someone under legal age of purchasing from a licensed dealer....Do what you think is right to protect you, your family, your property and your liberty. These times are trying for gun owners. We are soon to be dealt with a crossroad decision as more is to come with presidential executive action and pending bills headed to senate.
Gun laws never prevented anyone from purchasing/acquiring a gun and committing a crime. What they have prevented is people like yourself from buying one legally from a dealer. The ball is in your court, do what you feel you need to do and don't ask us. definitely don't post your intensions online either lol. You just put yourself and others at risk.

I don't see an issue with owning one under 21 or under 18 for that matter. If the government trusts a 16 year old with driving a car I believe responsible gun ownership is far less dangerous than driving a car. I've handled guns since I was a small child and was trusted to keep my own near by. Responsible parents build good character for their children and show them values. Is the law stupid? absolutely...is there a time to make a responsible decision to protect your families lives and their property? absolutely...does that mean the law may be broken but your family and property will be left unharmed absolutely. I will never tell someone willing to break the law. The law doesnt always prevent right and wrong. to answer the Question of someone under legal age of purchasing from a licensed dealer....Do what you think is right to protect you, your family, your property and your liberty. These times are trying for gun owners. We are soon to be dealt with a crossroad decision as more is to come with presidential executive action and pending bills headed to senate.
Gun laws never prevented anyone from purchasing/acquiring a gun and committing a crime. What they have prevented is people like yourself from buying one legally from a dealer. The ball is in your court, do what you feel you need to do and don't ask us. definitely don't post your intensions online either lol. You just put yourself and others at risk.
16 year olds have to have a license to drive a car. Laws mostly stipulate you have to be 21 to drink alcohol (except maybe in the military with 3.2 beer like me at 18 in 68 on base)...the point is there are laws and customs. It is up to the individuals whether they are willing to sell a handgun to someone younger than 21 no matter how dependable they are.

16 year olds have to have a license to drive a car. Laws mostly stipulate you have to be 21 to drink alcohol (except maybe in the military with 3.2 beer like me at 18 in 68 on base)...the point is there are laws and customs. It is up to the individuals whether they are willing to sell a handgun to someone younger than no matter how dependable they are.
I'm certain the OP will find what they are looking for. But also a note to the OP. A rifle is a far better tool which you can purchase all day without stipulation. If you dont have an AR now would be a good time. and if you do have one buy another one. :)

As a 17 yr old who's "dad" owns a spikes tactical AR 15, an American flag coated glock 19, and a .22 rifle I'd say sell to an 18 yr old after meeting them in person and doing a personality assessment. I'm 17, I started a holster making business, I taught my girlfriend, her parents and my parents how to shoot, and I am a sophomore at UNG getting a criminal justice degree. Some of us are capable of handling the responsibility, and therefore you shouldn't let age define how you treat the sale of a gun. For instance, at 21 you can legally start drinking... why is that the best time to get a gun again? I believe that I should have the right when I turn 18 next weekend to carry a handgun concealed to defend myself, it is my right as an American.

Trust an 17 year old with a gun just fine. Where I wouldn't trust one is with the internet, where they might do something dangerous like implicate a family member in making straw purchases of firearms for a minor.

So on Second Amendment is only good for those over the age of 21 18 year olds who can be drafted or sent off to war it's a no-go on the Second Amendment.

following your logic, Glocks should be baby shower gifts.

NO, the 2A doesn't have an age limitation, nor does it bar mentally ill persons. That's because the founding fathers assumed the citizens of the USA had some commo sense. There's your common sense gun law right there.

Back
Top Bottom