• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun at 18??

For people under 21, their parents can always gift them a handgun. I got my first one when I was 12 or 13 and always had a pistol in the car when I got my drivers license at 16. I was also reasonable responsible and not a hot-head. I'm not saying I never did anything stupid, there was plenty of that, but never anything stupid with a gun.

But, to answer your question, I believe that if you're old enough to die/kill for your country, you're old enough for a gun, or smokes, or alcohol. I'd RATHER see them raise the limit for entering the military to 21 and leave everything else alone.

biggest reason is because I dont want to until someone is 21
I guess my question is what kind of damage do you think one can do with a handgun that can't be done with a rifle or shotgun? I don't understand the reasoning, a handgun maybe more concealable but a rifle or shotgun delivers much more power. I guess I'm trying to understand the concern with a 18 year old have a handgun when it's okay to have a rifle or shotgun

But, to answer your question, I believe that if you're old enough to die/kill for your country, you're old enough for a gun, or smokes, or alcohol. I'd RATHER see them raise the limit for entering the military to 21 and leave everything else alone.

For me it's not if the rifle could do the same damage as a pistol. It's portability and concealability, and most importantly WHERE this 18 year old lives and/or works. I've had way too many responses about popular small pistols I might have had up for sale than would seem normal - and not from what I'd call ODT-vetted people...

Back
Top Bottom