• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ham Radio People Metro ATL

What's your call sign?
K4TFL
Not metro Atlanta but I came across this thread and couldn't help myself
Are you running a 7300 as a mobile 40m rig? I thought that was more of a base station style radio rather than a mobile rig. More power (pun intended,) to you if you can make it work. :). I’d love to see pictures of that rig once you have it running in your truck.
Just 40m for now. I'll get hamsticks for other bands eventually. I haven't got the radio in yet. Was planning to do this weekend

I was thinking about getting a license for GMRS. I have heard that the FCC was scheduled to do away with the license fee. Do any of you have any idea when the fee will be eliminated?

I was thinking about getting a license for GMRS. I have heard that the FCC was scheduled to do away with the license fee. Do any of you have any idea when the fee will be eliminated?
According to this there is now a fee for the Amateur Radio license that has reduced the cost of the GMRS license.

According to this there is now a fee for the Amateur Radio license that has reduced the cost of the GMRS license.

I knew it had been adopted, but it hadn't actually been implemented the last time I heard. I got my Ham license late last year, and the Ham license was still free.
Any idea when it will be implemented?

Are you running a 7300 as a mobile 40m rig? I thought that was more of a base station style radio rather than a mobile rig. More power (pun intended,) to you if you can make it work. :). I’d love to see pictures of that rig once you have it running in your truck.
Got it mounted. Not as sleek as I'd like but it works.

Attachments

• 20220124_171606.jpg
    20220124_171606.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 17
The FCC will eventually drop the GMRS fee from $70 to $35, but is not getting rid of it to my knowledge. Being the FCC is government, don't expect the fee reduction to happen in the next decade or so.

Back
Top Bottom