• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gwinnett Property taxes

The Old Jaybird

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Got my first notice today....

they DOUBLED the value of my house in Lawrenceville. DOUBLED.

The only improvements I have made to the property recently was a new gas furnace and AC unit added about 2 years ago and a new roof in 2013. House is a basic 1800 sq. ft. 3/2 starter home built in 1976.

Original carpet in family room, original vinyl floor in kitchen, original cabinets in kitchen, bathrooms were remodeled by my sons about 15 years ago. Other than interior painting over the years, no improvements to the property.

Course now I find out I have been feeding all the school age kids in the county under the guise of "education" and county school taxes.

****ing Bastards!!!

Oh I will, I used to serve on the Gwinnett Board of Equalization, hearing appeals, so I know the system well.

The whole process is patently unfair. I learned a lot hearing appeals for 3 years.

got mine as well -- no change this year - was quite a bit last year, i forget exact amount .
BUT, i qualified for the old guys exemption -- almost 50% reduction -- the schools cost a lot.
I don't think we are getting our money's worth -- no cursive writing, no phonics and the computer is doing most of the teaching -- especially now --

I've never seen anyone win an appeal, I got the % outta Gwinnett in November (Suwanee), I do not miss it a bit. Traffic, taxes and increasing crime.

In Pickens County the senior citizens get no exemptions from school tax. The school system just put in a new artificial turf football field and LED video scoreboard as well as a new track. Pickens is one of only 2 counties in Georgia that screw senior citizens. The taxpayers also supply the students with school supplies free of charge well as feeding most of the students 2 free meals a day. The school board proudly announces that they save student's parents over $100 a year by providing free school supplies.
https://www.knowpickens.com/pressrelease.asp?PressRelease=6293

Back
Top Bottom