• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gutter Guard recommendation?

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
Anybody have a gutter guard product / company you'd recommend? I tried to install a few on my own, but didn't have great results. See ads for companies, but don't know how effective they are.

How about a gutter cleaning service that works in Cherokee area.

1637621306550.png

I learned a hard expensive lesson with repairs to the wood , boards , bands etc behind poorly maintained gutters filled with pine needles , leaves and muck. I tell anyone that will listen to take the gutters down until you have the trees cut down that drop the leaves /pine needles on your house. In my case, the gutters created way more problems than they ever solved.

I purchased Gutter Glove from Home Depot and installed it myself with no problems for one third the price quoted by a gutter installation company. They are working great, no leaves in the gutters!

I have had them on one house and was pretty satisfied but rain can still overshoot them if it’s a hard rain and over time they can still accumulate some debris. Mine were the solid hoods and don’t know if they actually had a trade name

Id love to see the tv commercial brand gutter guard on a 9/12-12/12 pitch during a hard rain. I bet half the water over runs the top.

Im still cleaning my gutters 4-5x year. I have a gutter guard type product I got off Amazon but havnent had time to install. Its going to take a full day at least to go around the entire house.

Anybody have a gutter guard product / company you'd recommend? I tried to install a few on my own, but didn't have great results. See ads for companies, but don't know how effective they are.

How about a gutter cleaning service that works in Cherokee area.

View attachment 3703774

Action Gutter Cleaning - highly recommended- they typically have about a 30 day backlog.

I’ve had gutter guards for 15 years or so - it keeps most of the debris out. I can recommend a gutter company if you’d like that recently did some work at my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased Gutter Glove from Home Depot and installed it myself with no problems for one third the price quoted by a gutter installation company. They are working great, no leaves in the gutters!
Part of the problem is one section of the roof is about 22ft high.....

I have a tool that allows me to use a strong shop vac to vacuum/blow them out. It works fairly well but it takes a lot of time. Plus I can't see if there is anything left in them.

Back
Top Bottom