• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunsmith for CZ VZ 61

jba6511

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
Anyone know a gunsmith that could install a bracket on a cz vz 61 in the Atlanta/Roswell/Alpharetta/Marietta area? I have sent in the paperwork to make it a sbr and have the gun out to be engraved right now. Would like someone who has a press and can do the work locally. The link below is exactly what I am looking to do. I would also like to get the barrel threaded as well.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=77849

It will take a Class III armorer/gunsmith. Only one I know with a great rep is Ray off I-75 just South of the I-285 ring in Jonesboro. He works out of Moss Pawn.

I think there is another fellow closer to you up in Tucker but I'm not sure.

It will require a dovetail to be machined into the back of the receiver. Some "gunsmiths" TIG weld the folder on. But to be accurate, a dovetail groove needs to be added to the back of the receiver.

As an 07/SOT, I'd love to help, but have too much going on at the moment.

Also, your gunsmith/armorer doesn't need to be classII or III if your Form 4 paperwork has been returned 'approved'. Ray Vaughn is very competent.

You will have FUN with this one. I have my paperwork in for my SBR scorpion. RAY @ moss or really ANYBODY else in this state WILL NOT thread the barrel. Only one person in this country has the fixture to remove the barrel and that czechpoint. They will remove it for you but they WILL NOT put it back in once its threaded. I used M60 JOE to thread my scorpion. He does AWESOME work and quoted me hundreds less than others wanted just to TRY and thread it.

As for stock attachment, once you buy one of these:

http://arakguns.com/products/scorpion-vz-61-adapter-plate

All you have to do is drill and tap! The stock attaches fast and its easy!! here is my soon to be SBR suppressed scorpion

i586.photobucket.com_albums_ss308_sovietak474u_finally.jpg

i586.photobucket.com_albums_ss308_sovietak474u_finally2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom