Gunsmith Advice

SgtFred

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
52   0
Reaction score
I have a Ar-10 (308) that isn't cycling correctly. I would like to have a gunsmith look at it but I don't know who to trust. I live in the Alpharetta/Cumming area and would prefer not to drive across the state if I can help it. Can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks,

Fred

New or a used gun, work done-improvements, brand, ammo, magazine and specifics fails to feed or eject properly? You did try different magazines and ammo, right? The AR10 platform unlike the AR15 platform is not interchangeable between all makes.

I'm not sure about the North East side of town but here on the South end Ray at Moss pawn is well recommended and he is a licensed/qualified class III armorer as well.

Last edited:
Take it to Nate at Ft. Daniel in Lawrenceville. I had a DPMS LR308 that was "junk" would not feed properly & when it did there were problems with ejection. Nate worked some "magic" & now it is one of my best shooters + he is reasonable with his prices,

Take it to Nate at Ft. Daniel in Lawrenceville. I had a DPMS LR308 that was "junk" would not feed properly & when it did there were problems with ejection. Nate worked some "magic" & now it is one of my best shooters + he is reasonable with his prices,

Wow, You guys are amazing! Thanks for all the help and suggestions. This one is probably closest to my issue. Ironically it's a DPMS LR308 and its a feed/ejection issue.

to answer some of the earlier questions, yes I have tried a couple of different mags and different manufacturers and different grain ammo. I don't see a big difference, sometimes it cycles OK, sometimes it misdeeds, there doesn't seem to be a correlation with the ammo.

At first I thought it wasn't cycling properly because the gas system was fouled, but I took everything apart and cleaned it as thou roughly as I could and that didn't seem to make any difference. I mentioned to a friend that the rounds didn't fully eject and he made a good point that it may actually be cycling too fast and catching the spent casing before it can fully eject. That makes a lot of sense to me but I have no idea how to fix that.

so continued ideas and suggestions welcome, but it sounds like I found my gunsmith, experience and all.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom