• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun snobs are tiring

I like quality over quantity as well but above all I like my guns to shoot well. Sub 1/2 MOA.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_203825841.jpg
    IMG_20210927_203825841.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 6
I can take you to the property with my High Point 4095 in a Hightower Armory stock, 1000 rounds of Tula 40 and you’ll think you’re Johnny Freaking Rambo with a smile on your face as wide as the Mighty Miss

Every time I see a thread on this site or other sites about cheaper guns, it gets hijacked by gun snobs, no matter your experience or others. It’s junk, you can’t trust your life with it, it will fail in a gun battle with space wizards. Your Taurus, PSA, canik, others brands are not worth having, just spend 300 or 700 dollars more and get a real gun. Then the gun snobs gang pile, they get mad at you for liking the cheap gun , everything has to be tactical+expensive=good. It gets tiring arguing I got threaten of getting banned by a mod on the ak files for defending PSA AK’s was called every cuss word in the book, I never used bad words or attacked anyone personally, but the gun snobs won. Everyone buys what they can afford at the time, it doesn’t mean it’s junk!
Ok rant over.
What most ODT's think when you voice your opinion on here. And if one is a mod, yeah, you'll definitely get a point or two. Do whatever tickles your fancy. **** their opinions.
what-no-i-5bce2d.jpg

About 20 or so years ago I used to take my son and nephew down to Wolf Creek in South Fulton County to tune up before duck season. Mind you they’d been huntin Greenies and Woodies since they could hold up a Stevens single shot .410. My nephew shot an 1100 and my son shot a Browning hump back that was probably 40 years older than him. They had hand painted them camo cause they figured the hard way that the slightest glint off a shinny gun flared ducks. We’d shot a couple rounds when Thurston and Mortikia showed up with their $10,000 foreign shotguns that you could adjust everything but the gauge on. I noticed them snickering at the boys “cheap” hand painted guns, so I asked them if they felt like a little competition. They’re team against mine, winner pays the range fee. Ever had your ass waxed by a 12 year old? Hurts like hell I bet. Four rounds later they were blaming everything but their skill and had had enough. I don’t think I quit smiling till I fell asleep that night. Put a well maintained firearm in the hands of a skilled operator and you’ll be successful wether it cost $100 or $100,000

Oh yeah! The elite overlords. They give points and are anxious to try and make you inferior. Along with the title comes great responsibilities. Humility is the hardest to master.

Back
Top Bottom