• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

gun smith

I had a Camp 9 that I bought new for a few years. I never had an issue shooting it...no jams and accurate. I shot a lot of hard primer, military carbine surplus ammo in it.

The only negative thing I had happen was during the first cleaning. I used one of the aerosol spray cleaners - GunBlast or Gun Scrubber, maybe the name, not sure, basically it was automotive brake cleaner sold as gun cleaner. While cleaning, I noticed the trigger guard started to dissolve; the safety was always hard to move after that. I sprayed it with water and soap to neutralize the cleaner.

I had a Camp 9 that I bought new for a few years. I never had an issue shooting it...no jams and accurate. I shot a lot of hard primer, military carbine surplus ammo in it.

The only negative thing I had happen was during the first cleaning. I used one of the aerosol spray cleaners - GunBlast or Gun Scrubber, maybe the name, not sure, basically it was automotive brake cleaner sold as gun cleaner. While cleaning, I noticed the trigger guard started to dissolve; the safety was always hard to move after that. I sprayed it with water and soap to neutralize the cleaner.
Side note, and not in regards to a Camp 9. Use Mass Airflow Sensor cleaner. Stuff works like a charm on stripping oil/grease and does not harm plastics.

Back
Top Bottom