• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun safe reccomendations

If you do not have a GOOD alarm system in your home you should do that first. A Lincoln safe was torched here in LaGrange recently. The homeowner on vacation lost everything including more than 20k in cash. ADT is NOT a good company. If you can't afford an alarm system buy the safe from Safecracker and save money for a real alarm system.

Buy the best one you can afford and bolt it down to the concrete with anchors or bolt it to the floor. Even a thousand pound safe can be moved by a couple people using cut broom handles to roll it out and flipped on its back into the bed of a truck quicker than you expect

If you do not have a GOOD alarm system in your home you should do that first. A Lincoln safe was torched here in LaGrange recently. The homeowner on vacation lost everything including more than 20k in cash. ADT is NOT a good company. If you can't afford an alarm system buy the safe from Safecracker and save money for a real alarm system.

Time is everything....

Buy the best one you can afford and bolt it down to the concrete with anchors or bolt it to the floor. Even a thousand pound safe can be moved by a couple people using cut broom handles to roll it out and flipped on its back into the bed of a truck quicker than you expect

If they can move a 1000lb safe full of stuff a few bolts won’t slow them down.....

I have moved multiple safes that we didn’t know they were bolted and just ripped them out the bottom.

****....if you rock a bolted down cannon safe hard enough you will literally rip the tack welded bottom out of the safe.
I believe this to be true. I have two of them and really they are just cabinets. Security costs money plain and simple. Get an alarm system that is polled every 90 seconds and if it doesn't respond central station sends the police. ;) Every window and every door must be covered. Motion in every room. The safe needs to be located so it is not against an outside wall. I have seen block walls destroyed and safes cut open and the alarm never tripped.

Back
Top Bottom