• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun safe reccomendations

Samjo

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
I think it's time I break down, and buy a gun safe. I've never really researched them before, so I need to know what good things I need to look for, and what bad things I need to stay away from.

My budget starts at $500, and I'm willing to go a few hundred more to get what I need/want. Of course, I'd like it to be the largest capacity I can get in that price range, but I'm willing to give up some capacity for features. As well as firearms, both pistols and long guns, it'll also store some camera equipment, and whatever else my wife demands goes inside!

Is there a brand I need to be looking at, or staying away from? Should I be looking at Bass Pro, and Tractor Supply, or is there a better source I don't want to miss?

Are electronic locks ok? I like the faster access a key pad offers rather than a spin dial combination, but are they dependable? Should I be looking specifically for a model that has a key back up, to the main lock, or don't worry about that?

Is it easy to add inside the door storage, or is it one of those things that if it doesn't come with it, you'll never get it?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I can't figure out the search feature here. If I search gun safe, I get 1000 threads where someone says if it don't sell I'll put it back in the safe, but not many threads on safes themselves.

Open minded, and looking for recommendations from people who know more about them than I do.......and that leaves the discussion wide open!

Thanks.

In for info. I'm needing a bigger one but I'm on a tight budget.

I do know you get what you pay for

I have a like new Browning Sporter 15 on my trailer, list on the safe is like $1250 with the E-Lock my customer decided mid move that they didn’t want to deal with moving it to Florida. I took it on consignment-ish, LOL (I don’t work for free soooooooo, I sell their safe get my pick-up fee they get the rest.)

I was going to post it on FB for $900 plus delivery but if someone on ODT wants to come get it $700 picked up in Newnan.

• Brand: Browning
  • Fire Rating: 60 minutes
  • Long Gun Capacity: 19
  • Depth: 19.00
  • Height: 59.00
  • Width: 24.00
  • Weight: 410.00
25E06F30-D150-4DA7-9085-7A2A17F33280.jpeg
EE41480B-D188-47F9-B97D-CFBEE760DAA4.jpeg
BC807185-C82D-4F1D-928C-ED57624BA07D.jpeg

If you are willing to spend a lil more, I would look at liberty or Rhino..... you will not get a modular interior or rifle holders on the door like the Browning but for sure you will get a decent quality safe for under the $1000 range.

You don’t get a lot of safe for $500..... you get a big cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom