• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Purchase Question

This is the excuse my FFL gives me as to why he had to open the shipping container before I arrive at the store....even though he can't "start" the 4473 until I get there. Plus it gives him the chance to ride my ass about the purchase and why I didn't buy it from him....at a higher price. His FFL fee is cheap, so that is why I put up with his crap.
That stinks. Someone local?

By law I have to log in an acquisition within 24 hours or receiving it. How can I log it in if I can't open the box? I have to acquire a firearm and log it into my book as an acquisition before I can transfer it to you. How could you possibly transfer an item to someone else when you have not yet acquired it? The technical term is disposition. You acquire it then your dispose of it by transferring it to the buyer. You cannot dispose of something that is not in your possession.

I figured it would be something like that. Anything else would just be too easy for a government rule. Not complaining at all just didn't know the ins and outs on how it worked on the FFL end. Thanks for filling me in!

Back
Top Bottom