• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Purchase Question

WinstonSmith

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Garthok Narfler
85   0
Reaction score
So, I have a couple firearms on order with long wait times. With the possibility of new firearm laws coming I was considering contacting the company to see if there is a way I can complete the purchase and transfer before the rifles are done.

Is that even possible as long as they can provide the FFL with the serial number on the lower? Or does the FFL have to have a firearm in their hands before they can complete the transfer? Would still have to ship to the FFL and pick up there obviously so they would be able to confirm all info before handing over the firearm.

Just a thought that was in the back of my mind and figured I'd ask the brain trust.

FFL has to have possession of a firearm before he can transfer it to someone else.

This is the excuse my FFL gives me as to why he had to open the shipping container before I arrive at the store....even though he can't "start" the 4473 until I get there. Plus it gives him the chance to ride my ass about the purchase and why I didn't buy it from him....at a higher price. His FFL fee is cheap, so that is why I put up with his crap.

This is the excuse my FFL gives me as to why he had to open the shipping container before I arrive at the store....even though he can't "start" the 4473 until I get there. Plus it gives him the chance to ride my ass about the purchase and why I didn't buy it from him....at a higher price. His FFL fee is cheap, so that is why I put up with his crap.
By law I have to log in an acquisition within 24 hours or receiving it. How can I log it in if I can't open the box? I have to acquire a firearm and log it into my book as an acquisition before I can transfer it to you. How could you possibly transfer an item to someone else when you have not yet acquired it? The technical term is disposition. You acquire it then your dispose of it by transferring it to the buyer. You cannot dispose of something that is not in your possession.

Back
Top Bottom