• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guitar

So far I know Eminor, Asus2, A major

No matter how fancy someone plays, chords are the backbone of playing, and the most important part of playing. Learn all the major and minor chords, and then learn all the major and minor 7th chords, and you will be well on your way to having the ability to play most popular music at its most basic level.

I used to play a lot around Covington, and I am still down there pretty often visiting my parents. If you would like I'll be glad to get with you sometime and help out any way I can. I've taught quite a few people, and will skip the BS that you may get from some paid teachers. Don't get me wrong, some are good and honest teachers. Some are not.

Anyone here play guitar or teach? Trying to pick it up. Let me know
Self taught since sometime in the early 80s. I still play at least twice a day. I cant go without. Hindsight, I would get a good teacher even if had Utube. It will go much quicker. Just add to everyones advice, get a decent used guitar. Have someone who plays help. Why? Then you know when you are actually making clean notes and chords. Consistency. It will help ease some of the frustration. You will actually lose less money on a quality instrument, if you decide it isnt for you. Good luck. Fingers will callus eventually.

G chord is HARD. I can’t transition to save my life
7AD34D8F-57C4-4C15-9375-B7AAB2BA1343.jpeg

No matter how fancy someone plays, chords are the backbone of playing, and the most important part of playing. Learn all the major and minor chords, and then learn all the major and minor 7th chords, and you will be well on your way to having the ability to play most popular music at its most basic level.

I used to play a lot around Covington, and I am still down there pretty often visiting my parents. If you would like I'll be glad to get with you sometime and help out any way I can. I've taught quite a few people, and will skip the BS that you may get from some paid teachers. Don't get me wrong, some are good and honest teachers. Some are not.
I’ll PM you my number whenever you get down I would love to learn!!

Back
Top Bottom