• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Guess it's time for surveillance cameras...

I went up to my cabin for a few days last Monday night after work. I forgot to take the alarm remote and have all the sensors set to instant alarm, so I'm farting around in the driveway for 10 minutes on my iPad to remotely access and turn it off. I head inside, put on some boots and grab my tree stand to put out a couple hundred yards out back. I only have 4 acres but it is surrounded on all sides by USNF property and is also USNF across the street. The cabin sits back about 400' from the road at an elevation about 150' higher than the road so is not visible from the road through the woods. Driveway has a locked cable and has a couple switchbacks due to the grade. So I get my stand on a tree and stop to collect the memory card from one of my cameras that is within sight of the back door. It's on a cable lock as some scumbag stole one from me last year. I had another right out front which I didn't have locked. Fortunately they hadn't seen or found it yet. Anyway, as I'm trying to remove the cable which isn't cooperating I see that it’s all cut up and kinked. Some @sshat has been going at it with a machete and was not successful.
I get inside and download the photos and find several of someone running up the hill away from my cabin. To make it worse I see that the time stamp is just half an hour before, at the exact same time I disarmed the alarm… Caught him running away and then can see him standing in the shadows waiting on his dog. Not sure if this is the same one trying to steal the camera because if he knew it was there I wouldn’t think he would have run past it. Pack on his back doesn’t look to me like he was on an overnight trip but there were no cars at the trailhead a short distance from my driveway. I checked around later that night and didn't see anyone down on the road or along the trailhead. Really pisses me off. So many scumbags these days that have no respect for the property of others. Alarm company I am with doesn’t have cameras yet and all I have available is Cellular connection. I guess now I need to get a set of surveillance cameras and a DVR that I can hide away inside. Sure wish there was something more identifying of this guy in the pics.
onlinecache.com_trespasser.JPG

onlinecache.com_trespasser2.JPG

onlinecache.com_trespasser3.JPG

Now is the time for actual manned security. Because I am a loving and caring guy, I will volunteer my time to come to your cabin. I will even bring a rifle, and sit in your stands just like you do. The guy will think it is you, and he will be scared off. Hell I will even, for no extra fee, bring my brother in law and a cooler of beer. by the time that cooler of beer is gone, that guy will be so scared of the rednecks sitting around the fire with rifles that he will never come back. Hell we can even stay a whole weekend.

I know. I know. But dont worry, I'll do all of this free of charge.

Now is the time for actual manned security. Because I am a loving and caring guy, I will volunteer my time to come to your cabin. I will even bring a rifle, and sit in your stands just like you do. The guy will think it is you, and he will be scared off. Hell I will even, for no extra fee, bring my brother in law and a cooler of beer. by the time that cooler of beer is gone, that guy will be so scared of the rednecks sitting around the fire with rifles that he will never come back. Hell we can even stay a whole weekend.

I know. I know. But dont worry, I'll do all of this free of charge.

X2.!

You should get a few of these 22 blank trip mines, with full power blanks they're loud. If you have the mine close to your house and the trip wire further out in the woods, he'll probably think he's being shot at when it goes off. I found these on ebay.

IMG_20141223_163430369.jpg

You should get a few of these 22 blank trip mines, with full power blanks they're loud. If you have the mine close to your house and the trip wire further out in the woods, he'll probably think he's being shot at when it goes off. I found these on ebay.

Where do you find these?!

Back
Top Bottom