• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guerrilla Sniper, July 22-23, ERTC Pelham TN

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
I will be conducting a 2-day Guerrilla Sniper class at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN on July 22-23, 2017. This course will be limited to 12 shooters.

Elk River Training Center
4626 SR 60
Pelham, TN 37366

Topics covered will include, but are not limited to:
-Discussion of ammunition, weapon and gear specific to Guerilla Sniping
-The mission of the Spotter and Security personnel
-Insertion/extraction concerns
-Supported and unsupported positional shooting, i.e., several different types of prone, sitting, kneeling, offhand and others
-Vehicle hides
-Constructing/using artificial support
-Constructing urban hides
-Basic entry techniques
-Fire and maneuver
-Communications
-Night operations
-A final, comprehensive exercise

Most exercises will be performed as 2-man teams. If you do not have a partner, we will pair you up with another Shooter.

We will start at 0800hrs CST on Saturday and run until well after dark, with breaks for both lunch and dinner. Yep, we will be shooting at night. We will pick up again at 0930hrs CST on Sunday and finish up at approximately 1600hrs. The total hours for the class will be approximately 20 hours.

If you are a Georgia LEO, you will receive POST credit for the class.

The cost for the class will be $600 per student, payable by check, MO or PayPal. If you pay with PayPal you must add 3.5% to the total to cover fees. In order to hold your seat, your course fees must be prepaid in full.

You will be primarily working on drills as a Sniper, but you will also have to make some "entries". This means that either your primary rifle must be capable of "double duty", you can bring a second firearm to switch to, or you can run your handgun. If you bring a carbine or such to perform entries with, you must be able to carry your primary rifle with you as well. A handgun will be acceptable as your entry weapon, if you wish to use it for that..

Gear list:
Precision rifle (bolt or semi), in your choice of caliber, with sling. Approximate accuracy of 2MOA-3MOA (2"-3" per 100yds) will be more than fine, however I am not requiring any specific level of accuracy for the class. Run what ya brung! We will be using multiple targets, of various sizes, at the longer ranges, so you will be able to engage what you and your system are capable of. A dedicated Sniper rifle, your deer rifle, a Winchester 94 with a scope, an AK with an optic......whatever! When the day comes, you don't know what weapon you will have access to, or what will fit the task at hand best. We will use multiple sizes of targets at each distance, so all rifles/carbines will be capable.
Entry carbine/shotgun, if your precision rifle isn't capable of this task, with sling.
Handgun with holster and minimum of 1 spare magazine/speedloader
300rds for your precision rifle
200rds for your separate entry weapon, if applicable. If your primary rifle is pulling double duty, then add the ammo for both.
50rds for your handgun (if your handgun doubles as your entry weapon, then bring 200rds)
Eye/ear protection
Databook
OPTIONAL:
Shooting mat
Rear bag
Spotting scope

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions/concerns about any of your equipment. Additionally, it's more than possible that I can rent/loan you needed equipment, including firearms and optics.

We will shoot out to a maximum of 600yds during this course. Prior to the beginning of the class, you should have solid dope on your weapon from 100yds to at least 300yds. If you do not have access to a range to accomplish this, please contact me ASAP so that we can get you doped before the course.

Please visit my website at www.precision-applications.com for my resume.

Semper Fi!
Rob Sheppard

Back
Top Bottom