• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guerrilla Sniper Course, Feb 9-10 2019, Blakely GA

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
Precision Applications, LLC will be conducting a Guerrilla Sniper Course on February 9-10, 2019 at Arena Training Facility in Blakely GA.

Arena Training Facility
200 Sherman Rd
Blakely GA

Topics covered will include, but are not limited to:
-Discussion of ammunition, weapon and gear specific to Guerrilla Sniping
-Use of Sniping in both the insurgency and counter-insurgency roles
-The mission of the Spotter and Security personnel
-Insertion/extraction concerns
-Supported and unsupported positional shooting, i.e., several different types of prone, sitting, kneeling, offhand and others
-Use of the tripod for supported, offhand/standing shooting
-Vehicle hides
-On call shots
-Constructing/using artificial support
-Use of urban hides
-Communications
-Night operations
-Final, comprehensive exercise

We will start at 0800hrs on Saturday and run until well after dark, with breaks for both lunch and dinner. Yep, we will be shooting at night. We will pick up again at 0800hrs on Sunday and finish up at approximately 1600hrs. The total hours for the class will be approximately 20 hours.

Most exercises will be performed as 2-man teams. If you do not have a partner, we will pair you up with another Shooter.

We will be shooting from several different types of urban structures, using every level from the ground floor up through the roof. The different structures include different types of terrain to work with, from open fields, through scrub and brush, to wooded areas.

I am limiting the class to 12 students. The cost for the class will be $600 per student, payable by check, MO or PayPal. If you pay with PayPal you must add 3.5% to the total to cover fees. In order to hold your seat, your course fees must be prepaid in full. If you are a Georgia LEO, contact me about POST credit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions/concerns about any of your equipment. Additionally, it's more than possible that I can rent/loan you needed equipment, including firearms and optics.

We will shoot out to a maximum of 600yds during this course. Prior to the beginning of the class, you should have solid dope on your weapon from 100yds to at least 300yds. If you do not have access to a range to accomplish this, please contact me ASAP so that we can get you doped before the course.

Gear list:
Precision rifle (bolt or semi), in your choice of caliber, with sling. Approximate accuracy of 2MOA-3MOA (2"-3" per 100yds) will be acceptable, however I am not requiring any specific level of accuracy for the class. Run what ya brung! We will be using multiple targets, of various sizes, at the longer ranges, so you will be able to engage what you and your system are capable of. A dedicated Sniper rifle, your deer rifle, a Winchester 94 with a scope, an AK with an optic......whatever! When the day comes, you don't know what weapon you will have access to, or what will fit the task at hand best. We will use multiple sizes of targets at each distance, so all rifles/carbines will be capable.
500rds for your precision rifle
Eye/ear protection
Sling
Databook
OPTIONAL:
Shooting mat
Rear bag
Spotting scope

Semper Fi!

If I can't make it to this one, when's the next? Still getting my load dialed in. Getting out to the range seems harder and harder anymore. All I can shoot at my range is 100yards. Is that sufficient?

(18" 1:7 twist AR. 75gr HPBT .223 load. Getting about 1.5 moa off a bipod. No rear support/bag)

If I can't make it to this one, when's the next? Still getting my load dialed in. Getting out to the range seems harder and harder anymore. All I can shoot at my range is 100yards. Is that sufficient?

(18" 1:7 twist AR. 75gr HPBT .223 load. Getting about 1.5 moa off a bipod. No rear support/bag)

Next one will probably be around October/November. For the one in February, I may end up running the range the day before for folks that need to get or verify their zeroes and dope.

Back
Top Bottom