• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ground Blind Hunting

I’ve had deer come in very close to the blind and other times spooked them. Difference was setting up the blind weeks before the hunt if possible. I believe they can get used to seeing it.
I had a young 7 ptr yesterday evening come in about 20 yards...he was nervous but slowly walked passed..

Like everyone else has said, put it out long before the season starts.
I built mine to be noisy and has a bunch of streamers hanging from the roof so that the deer are used to it making noise and seeing a little bit of motion in/around it when the wind blows.
The inside is painted in the same colors as my hunting gear.
I also covered the windows with the cheap camo mesh from walmart. not the burlap one, the one thats like a plastic screen door mesh. I can see out, but from 10-15 feet away, I cant see in.

I dont know if any of what i've done actually matters, but it has worked well for me.

the only other advice I would give is to make sure you take plenty of caffeine before you get in. Ground blinds are so much more comfortable than tree stands, its hard to stay awake some times.

Put pine or cedar branches along the supports at the windows and around the bottom of the windows. It helps cover the scent. Both bucks were shot out of ground blinds, both came within 5 yds, and both were shot broadside with a bow 1 at 18, one at 33. Oh and both blinds were put out the day before.
a88245e5725311bfe8a586c08c961eb2.png

126f761dd7eaa266f4a7c0cced333f56.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put pine or cedar branches along the supports at the windows and around the bottom of the windows. It helps cover the scent. Both bucks were shot out of ground blinds, both came within 5 yds, and both were shot broadside with a bow 1 at 18, one at 33. Oh and both blinds were put out the day before.
a88245e5725311bfe8a586c08c961eb2.png

126f761dd7eaa266f4a7c0cced333f56.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good night...that two fine kills... thanks for the tips

Back
Top Bottom