• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grid Down

What are the 3 most important items during extended grid down event?

• Guns and Ammo

• Supply of Food

• Supply of Water

• Medical Supplies

• Solar Generator

• Gas/Fuel

• A Plan

• Friends

• Bug-out Location

• Gold

Results are only viewable after voting.
We live on 8 acres of land, tractors, skid steer, implements, a well, a large garden, canned food, lots of garden seeds, canned garden food, guns and ammo and some medical supplies. And a HEAP of toilet paper. We also have two large dogs.
I am always looking for something we may need.

I have to say that I think an ongoing supply of electrical power would come in quite handy for powering medical devices, fans, hvac, lights, ham radios, cooking, boiling water, security systems, refrigeration, water from well pumps, etc., etc., etc...

I have to say that I think an ongoing supply of electrical power would come in quite handy for powering medical devices, fans, hvac, lights, ham radios, cooking, boiling water, security systems, refrigeration, water from well pumps, etc., etc., etc...
It definitely would, but which of these five things would you sacrifice to get it?
Food
Water
Shelter
Weapons
Medical supplies

Well, throughout the entire thread, I have assumed shelter would be available since it wasn't on the pick list.
Okay, replace it with "A Plan" or "Bug-out location" (could be considered "shelter").

The point is that an easy source of electricity would be wonderful in a survival situation, but it is far from critical. There are many things both on and off that list that are more important.

Okay, replace it with "A Plan" or "Bug-out location" (could be considered "shelter").

The point is that an easy source of electricity would be wonderful in a survival situation, but it is far from critical. There are many things both on and off that list that are more important.
Like an inverter to run your coffeemaker off your car battery.

Back
Top Bottom