• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Green Chili

First time I had green chili sauce/soup was at Frontier restaurant out in Albuquerque years ago.
Awesome stuff!

I'll have to try the recipe!

LOL!!!! I most likely messed up some of the grammar/abbreviations also.... I hope that doesn't change the taste of it....

No worries. I actually have my Dad box me up a bunch of fresh green chile every year and ship it out here. I roast it in the backyard and then freeze it. I also buy a bunch of red chile pods when I go out to New Mexico in the spring and make my own home made New Mexico Red Chile with them.

Red and Green Chile are what I miss most about New Mexico. I would say when I lived in New Mexico on an average day Red or Green Chile were part of at least two meals, many times three.

No worries. I actually have my Dad box me up a bunch of fresh green chile every year and ship it out here. I roast it in the backyard and then freeze it. I also buy a bunch of red chile pods when I go out to New Mexico in the spring and make my own home made New Mexico Red Chile with them.

Red and Green Chile are what I miss most about New Mexico. I would say when I lived in New Mexico on an average day Red or Green Chile were part of at least two meals, many times three.

It took me forever to figure out what "green chiles" actually are. I don't want to bore you with my back ground and family line... but I had always called them green chiles.... Poblano and Anaheim peppers.... Use more Poblano if you want it spicier.... I try to grow them, but I find buying from the Farmers Market or Pendergrass Flea Market is best for me.... You got it... I roast them and scrap them.... then freeze them... I moved here from South Florida.... no one knew what Green Chile is.... I have found it up here... but $9/bowl... I moved to South Florida from Colorado....

Back
Top Bottom