• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great question for those that believe electric vehicles are a great idea.

Yep….alot of them probably are , i bet !
I want to drive one around a bit and feel the “electric pull” - so to speak . Lol :evil::car::flame:

You might not be healed up enough yet, buddy... :boink:
It's kind of like this... mute your speakers to get the full effect.
ecar launch.gif
:)

Maybe it's just me, and I know this is quite a stretch and could probably never happen, but I've always wondered about the slight chance of a mega traffic jam, say maybe around Atlanta somewhere, say maybe when it's real cold and maybe it's snowing or maybe an ice storm hits at rush hour and all those electric cars are sitting stopped on 285 for several hours, with the heat and the radio and the lights on and their phones plugged in charging . Now say maybe you've got several thousand cars logjammed in the road with the batteries dead and the folks freezing cause they left home unprepared for being stranded on the road in winter with no heat in their dead cars and not enough clothes.
Considering you can get by all the dead cars, do you bring in those nasty polluting diesel rollbacks and tow trucks to clear this mess up while the snow continues to fall or do you pull a diesel generator with 50 charging ports out there and start charging cars up so they can go on their merry way in 4 or 5 hours? Just sayin.

Maybe it's just me, and I know this is quite a stretch and could probably never happen, but I've always wondered about the slight chance of a mega traffic jam, say maybe around Atlanta somewhere, say maybe when it's real cold and maybe it's snowing or maybe an ice storm hits at rush hour and all those electric cars are sitting stopped on 285 for several hours, with the heat and the radio and the lights on and their phones plugged in charging . Now say maybe you've got several thousand cars logjammed in the road with the batteries dead and the folks freezing cause they left home unprepared for being stranded on the road in winter with no heat in their dead cars and not enough clothes.
Considering you can get by all the dead cars, do you bring in those nasty polluting diesel rollbacks and tow trucks to clear this mess up while the snow continues to fall or do you pull a diesel generator with 50 charging ports out there and start charging cars up so they can go on their merry way in 4 or 5 hours? Just sayin.

Trust me, I actually thought of that scenario with mine. The battery drain with ALL accessories going is probably 1/50th of it driving.
Kind of like you running out of gas, while idling your car to stay warm.
Mine is limited on range (72 miles) so on all electricity (I have a fuel reserve for the onboard generator) I can only drive it for a couple of hours on 100% electricity.
But from the real world tests I have done with ALL accessories going (winter & summer) it will idle for 2 days on a full charge, just electricity YKWHMV (Your kilowatt hours may vary. :)

How is this a “great” question? As if no one ponders what happens when your battery-powered car runs out of battery. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom